Wednesday, January 23, 2008
There's this new donut shop just a few skips away from our home. We can even see its roof from our balcony. One day, my very greedy daddy and mummy bought a dozen.
But I only got to taste a few mouthfuls. Mmmm... I love it!
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Right after mummy posted "No Attachments, please" below, I felt offended and decided to let her know that I am not so hard-hearted and detached after all. And so, last Saturday morning saw me waking up to a pathetically loud cry. I went to daddy and clung on to him dearly, afraid that he will leave for work. I refused to be put down or be separated from him. The following video was taken much later, showing my adoration for my daddy...
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
- I don’t form attachment to anyone at all, not even my daddy or mummy. I don’t care if mummy is out of my sight in a strange place. I don’t care if mummy leaves me at somebody else’s house and walks away. I will wave bye-bye to mummy and leave without turning back if someone offers to bring me “gai-gai”. Bottom line is, I just don’t care if mummy is not around.
- I don’t form attachment to things as well. Blanket, pillow, bolster, pacifier, toy… all these have many times been offered to me or even forced into my arms. I feel secure enough not to need or hold on to any of them. Or I simply do not like them.
- I am quite unaffectionate. I won’t hug or kiss anyone. I don’t really fancy being hugged, kissed or cuddled for more than 10 seconds or I will squirm and wriggle to free myself out of it.
You mean all these are negative qualities that I shouldn't have?
Sunday, January 13, 2008
- At last! I can finally imitate some sounds. Besides calling daddy, papa and mi-mi (mummy), I can also say bear, no-no, baby, Beebee (my nickname), mmm… nice!, ta-ta (beat)
- Every night, I go to bed and fall asleep on my own without requiring daddy or mummy to accompany me.
- I love nursery rhymes and will perform the actions as mummy sings/reads to me.
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Mmmm... nice. Brick salad, anyone?
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
So that was how I greeted year 2008 - with wet & stinky mattresses, sticky & gooey floor and lots of cleaning-up work for mummy (wipes sweat!) What a way to start a new year...