Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Nursery Rhyme Interrogation

I've always loved nursery rhymes. I can sing and recite quite a number of them in full. Lately, I'm also getting more inquisitive and would ask mummy to explain some of the meanings or ask all sorts of "why" questions.

Today, referring to the line "...and down came a black bird and pecked off her nose", after singing Sing A Song Of Sixpence, I asked mummy...

Me: Why did the bird do that?
Mummy: Do what?
Me: Peck the nose.
Mummy: The bird is naughty lor... Naughty like you.
Me: No, I didn't peck the nose. I don't have a beak!
Mummy: Hahahaha! (Yeah, you're right!)

Mummy did not even mention that the bird has pecked the maid's nose with its beak. What a correct imagination I have!

2 comments:

The Wonderful World of Ruoyi

Feedjit Live Traffic