Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Fever

Just a week before turning 13 months, I fell sick for the very first time in my life. It all happened when I woke up from my afternoon nap. My body felt warmer than usual. Mummy got into semi-panic mode when the thermometer beeped continuously to indicate a fever, confirming her fear. She called daddy, who came home earlier than usual to bring me to the clinic. However, the paediatrician's clinic was closed. So we went to a see a GP instead.

The doctor said my fever was quite high at 39.7 degree celsius. I also had a throat infection which explained why I refused to drink water, milk or even swallow my saliva. I hated the medicines but mummy kept forcing me to take it. How could mummy describe them as yummy-yummy when they tasted so yucky-yucky? I vomitted everything out immediately after taking them. As a result, my fever wouldn't go away.

The following day, daddy and mummy brought me to see the paediatrician. She confirmed that I had a very, very bad throat infection and gave me a bottle of antibiotics. This medicine tasted much better and I even opened my mouth willingly when mummy directed the "syringe" to me.

During the few days when I was sick, I was cranky during the day and wakeful during the night. I fussed and cried over the slightest thing or for no reason at all. Although I got to sleep in between mummy and daddy on their big bed, I woke up frequently at night simply to... cry. I wanted mummy to cuddle me, rock me in her arms and pat me to sleep. I could only sleep for an hour or so and would wake up to demand for the same thing over and over again. I think I gave mummy a super tough time!

Sick...

4 comments:

  1. I bet everythings is good now. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, auntie Vicky. You are so caring. I'm fine now but it's mummy's turn to be sick hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chloe, glad that you are well now, Kaith would love to be your friend. :)

    Chloe mummy please take care too & get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww....poor Chloe! I hope you're feeling better now... Take your medicine, kay?:)

    ReplyDelete

The Wonderful World of Ruoyi

Feedjit Live Traffic