Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, December 27, 2010

Pyssla Beads

Mummy finally got it for me, these Pyssla beads, after reading about it in Aunty Merryn's blog. For two whole days, these thousands and thousands of colourful beads kept us so busy that we did not switch on the tv at all haha! Like Aunty Merryn said, we were obsessed with it.

My new toy... Pyssla beads (RM25) and Pyssla boards (RM7.90) from Ikea

Our very first creation... a mini smiley face :)

I made this... a town. Got buildings, got cars, got trees...

Last Christmas, mummy gave me her heart... When lightly ironed, the beads will melt and stick to each other


Can also string them up to make a necklace

Guess what am I making? Mummy did the outline and I filled in the rest

Tada! Jalur Gemilang. Mummy couldn't "iron" this because the outcome would be "terbalik" (the mirror-image). We should have arranged it the other way around but by the time mummy realized this, we were already too far into it to redo

This is indeed very addictive. Playing with it requires lots of patience and develops fine motor skills and creativity.

Our creations... butterfly, yacht, colourful heart, rubber duckie, clown, spider, apple tree and colourful circle... so which is your favourite? Mine is the clown hehehe!

After making all of the above, the container of beads is still FULL!

22 comments:

  1. Looks sooo fun! Bryan would love this too. Unfortunately he won't be able to play them in peace as his brothers will disturb him to no end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can iron and form the pattern on the shirt one. Quite interesting. I guess one must have the patient to play with the beads. Chloe and mummy have done a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wah , so nice! I like the butterfly! Once iron dy, those beads cant reuse is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. B&B's Mama: Can "lock him up" in a room and let him play in peace. If he likes arts and crafts, he should like this very much :p

    Sheoh Yan: The ironing is to make the beads melt and stick to each other only. I don't think it will work on clothes tho...

    Mummy Moon: Ya, once ironed, the beads will change shape (half-melted) so cannot reuse jor. It's really fun.. go get one for Yan Yan lah. I'm sure she'll love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT??!!!!! Oh my, I am so glad that you came across your post here! Thanks so much dear!!!

    Coz that day, I went shopping for this beads in Shanghai, guess what? That container of beads as per your picture was selling at around RMB340 here (RM170) for 2000 beads and the board was around RM50!!!! CRAZY!!! And unlucky or should I say lucky me, I only bought their smallest pack (100-200 beads) for RM25 and thinking to buy that big container if Angel was interested!!!!!! Rip off!!!!! I think I must import that from Malaysia already!

    Again, thanks thanks thanks so much for posting the price here!!! :) *muaks muaks muaks*

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks really fun!!!!

    I feel like getting one too but unsure if Jayden would put it in his mouth!

    haha... maybe later ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, really colorful~ Can train your creativity somemore.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! A very interesting beads which can be ironed onto clothes :O

    Worth the time and effort to arrange into something we like. Good for brain development too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So NICE! Very additive rite? Until today I cant stop creating stuffs with it :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice.. can have fun with all the colourful beads..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Auntie likes the colourful butterfly and the clown too!^-^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Give uncle pete some can or not....good for my fishing lures....LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like Beados. Maybe I should get some and bring back to JKT coz Gwen is eyeing on those Beados..they are expensive.

    Your Mummy is so creative. I like the clown too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh i saw this in ikea. was wondering if i should get it too :) if i do, i think ashley would want me to make stuff with her 24/7 :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey this is really cool la! i waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant!

    ReplyDelete
  16. now i know what to get the next time i go ikea... yay! i think my kiddos will love it :-D.

    ReplyDelete
  17. alamak....saw this at Merryn's blog too and am suppose to buy at Toy Rus last weekend but forgot pulak!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That big container of beads vy 'dai' hor. After u've created so many things, it's still quite full.
    This is definitely on my shopping list. My girl wud surely love it. But dunno if she has the patience or not.

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh i saw those beads from ikea but never knew how to "play" with them.. just iron so simple? must go try! love your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  20. spider for me... thank you.....
    i shall refrain myself to get this addictive beads for now...hehe... gotta do lots of spring cleaning up first.... luckily didn't read your post before i went to ikea during christmas.... if sure... sure will buy it one.... haha

    ReplyDelete
  21. Interesting. And not really pricey also. Making my hand and heart 'itchy' already. hehehe

    ReplyDelete

The Wonderful World of Ruoyi

Feedjit Live Traffic